Friday, December 26, 2008

Kindness?!

Merry Merry Belated Christmas!! I hope everyone had a great time with their families and safe trips if you were traveling.

I got a lot done today! Shopping, reading, eating, AND I finished the first season of 24. I guess that means I should blog about it, to let everyone know what I thought (which is probably exactly what you all thought when you watched it). So Spoilers! Don't read the rest of this blog if you intend on watching 24 at all.

START

I went into this show expecting, excitement, violence, torture, guns, amazingness. And that's exactly what was delivered. I could comment on every episode, telling you what went through my mind, but I'll spare you the boring details and skip right to the last 3 episodes.

1) Victor Drazen was alive! That actually still confuses me. Something about using a dummy? But then the US caught him and has been holding him? But he's somehow been in contact with his family?

2) Nina was the dirty agent! I 100% did NOT see that coming; not even a little bit. Mason, maybe, Tony, possibility. Nina?! Well, after discovering that, I won't make the same mistake again.

3) Palmer's wife = SUPERGAY! Every episode, I wanted to smack her. Her stupidity rivaled Kim's, and may, at some point, have even taken the lead. All she ever said was "I did it for the campaign; for us!" Man I was sick of that excuse. More power to Palmer for "never wanting to see her again." I don't know how that will play out in future seasons.

4) Teri was shot and is dead/dying!? I couldn't believe it. And I don't know what to make of it. And she's pregnant, so what does that mean for the baby if she makes it? Way to end the season guys...

5) Jack Bauer. Wow. Just, wow. He managed to take out 7 guys single-handedly! And made it out! Not to mention the dozen others he killed. (I didn't keep track, but it was a lot) He cut a guys thumb off! He saved Palmer, TWICE. He escaped the police several times, even taking hostages in the process. It gives new light to the phrase "Breaking the law when necessary." I'll have to rethink my position on that. No wonder he turned in all those other agents! You can't trust anyone!

STOP

I'm sure I'll start the next season tonight, and hopefully get through it a lot faster than the first. I'm reading through Harry Potter though, so my time might be split half and half.

Who would have known that organizing your iTunes would be such a pain!


2 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Sometimes you just have to break the law.

Padfoot240 said...

SOMETIMES