Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Are You Pretty?

So I have embarked on the long journey that is summer. Last week I clocked in an incredible 50 hours at work. 50 hours!! It was crazy to say the least. Now let me tell you about the night shift. 11pm until 7 am. You arrive. You clean. You prep. You help. You try not to fall asleep. Who comes into Subway at 3 in the morning, you might ask. There are 3 types of people: Cops, drunks, and highs (high people). I'm not sure which group I enjoy more. But the best conversation I've had to date would have to be the "Are you pretty convo." Let's recap.

"Subway, Culver and Michelson. How can I help you?"
"Is this Subway?"
"Yes"
"Are you open?"
"Yes"
"Are you serious?!"
"Yes"
"Are you my hero?"
"Maybe"
"What's your name?"
"Jessica"
"Ok Jessica, I'll be right in!"
"We'll see you then"

3 minutes later

"Subway, Culver and Michelson. How can I help you"
"Is this Jessica?"
"Yes"
"I just called a few minutes ago"
"Mhmm"
"Are you pretty?"
"You'll have to see for yourself"
"Do you have a facebook?"
"Yes"
"Ok. I won't ask for your last name, because that's just creepy"
"Ok"
"I'll be right in"
"Ok"

Needless to say, he never came in. That might have been awkward. But yes, that is what I have to deal with every time I work. And now, it's even during the day!

"Would you like anything else?"
"Maybe your number"
"What?"
"Sorry..."

Awkward pause

"He's going to ring you up over there. Have a nice day"

Regardless, I get paid. That's what keeps me going :)

No comments: