Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why can't adults just be adults?

For my entire life I've been told to act my age, if not act older than I am.

"Don't do that Jessica. That's something your younger brother would do."
"Jessica! You know better than that."
"Stop crying and act your age."

I admit it, I was a brat. And I'm sure I deserved most of those comments for doing something stupid. And I can also attest to the fact that I spent a large portion of my childhood crying.

What I don't understand is how my parents could spend all that time telling me that if I wanted to be treated like an adult, I needed to act like one, and they can't even do the same.

I wonder if I should take their advice and treat them like the age that they're acting. That might cause controversy...

I know they're human and that they make mistakes. I just don't know how much longer I want to put myself in that environment.

Prayers appreciated :)

3 comments:

Laura Wright said...

I'll be praying!!! I LOVE you! And i think your awesome, and mature, and God has blessed me with an amazing friend in you!

All Is Whole said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm
It happens sometimes with some of us.........

Smiles :)

Padfoot240 said...

You should always be able to talk to your parents about if they aren't acting like they should. But remember to always respect and honor them at the same time.