Friday, February 1, 2008

"I haven't read the book!"

So tomorrow may quite possibly the worst day of my life...
It's the big move day. And you know what that means.

But on a happier note -- Zombie dream. But this wasn't your typical zombie attack. Laura told me to write it down so I could remember it forever. And that is what I shall do.

It was a normal night. We were laughing at reruns of The Office. Adam, Laura, Kevin, Jin, and I were sitting in my room not paying any attention to the outside world. There was a loud noise downstairs. Fighting maybe. Jin stood up from her bed and said in an annoyed voice, "I guess I should go check that out."

We all nodded in agreement as she walked towards the door. "Don't get involved I said."

She nodded, pulled open the door, then made her way into the hall. Without warning, we heard her screams as she lunged for the open door. But it was too late. She was being dragged by her ankles, shouting in terror. Adam lunged for the door and slammed it shut. "What the heck was that?" he yelled.

In a very calm voice, Kevin said, "Zombies."

Without a second thought Adam stood up and in strong voice said, "I stashed some guns downstairs. I can get to them before they get too strong."

"Adam," Laura finally chimed in. " I don't think that's such a good idea."

"I'll be fine. Don't worry."

And then he was gone. Kevin was pacing through the room muttering things. "Have to think of a plan...not the right time....what are we going to do...we're trapped...I haven't read the book!"

There was a loud shout from downstairs. Then Kevin's phone started to ring. "Hello? Yeah. Okay. Okay. I'm coming."

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Adam's trapped downstairs. I'm going to help him."

"No," Laura said firmly. "You can't go down there." She bent down, reached under the bed and pulled out a machete. She saw the shocked look on both mine and Kevin's faces and replied, "For emergencies."

"You can't go. What if something happens?"

"It's okay," she said. "I've read the book."

She opened the door, and within seconds she saw Jin rounding the corner. Kevin whipped around his head, but before he could warn Laura that she was infected, she had already taken her machete and chopped Jin's arm off. Zombie Jin fell to the ground, certainly not dead, but it gave Laura an opportunity to run down the stairs. Kevin shut the door behind her. By this time I was crying, the only thing I could say was, "What are we going to do? We're going to die."

We could hear the banging through the walls. They were surrounding us and it wouldn't be long before they would break down the door. Kevin looked over at me finally and said, "I have a plan."

He jumped on the bed, threw open the window, took a step back, then kicked the screen out. He climbed out and waved at me to follow. I stepped out onto the roof, and found that we were 3 stories up, not very far, but still along way to jump. As we looked over the edge, Kevin and I saw Adam and Laura run out of the building, a mob of zombies close behind.

"Kevin, what are we supposed to do? We can't jump."

"Don't worry. I came prepared. "

Kevin had a parachute, a very odd thing to have, but useful nonetheless. He strapped himself in, and with one last glance, turned around, grabbed me around the waist, and parachuted us off to catch up with Laura and Adam. It was going to be an interesting few months.

Hahahaha. I know right. So what does this mean? Are zombies really going to attack? And soon? I don't know for sure, but it's definitely seeming like a real possibility now. Hopefully I'll have a continuance tonight and find out what happens to us...

1 comment:

Padfoot240 said...

Uh huh...
I've read the book.